Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

SMOKED CHICKEN using ELECTRIC SMOKER

My husband had been smoking meats for sometime, he's always proud of himself whenever he smoked any kind of meats.  This time I tried to smoke a whole chicken fryer to show that I too can do it.  I brined my whole chicken fryer...My hubby uses dry rubs...

Ingredients:
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar
5 cups cold water
1 cup red chardonnay wine

Brine the whole chicken with the above ingredients for at least 2 to 3 hours.  Pat dry the chicken, ensure the cavity is dry and giblets and livers taken out if there were any.  Sprinkle with your favorite spices, I used Weber's Kick N' Chicken spices. 
 
Set the electric smoker to 250 degrees and the timer for 4 hours.  Put apple and cherry chips in the smoker.  Place more apple and cherry chips after 2 hours.  Prepare 1/4 cup of Apple Butter and 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar to brush on the chicken.  Place the chicken in the smoker rack back down and breast up.  Every hour brush the chicken with the prepared apple butter and apple cider vinegar..  After 2 hours, turn the chicken breast down and brush with the prepared apple butter and apple cider vinegar.  I did not use a thermometer as I don't have one of those.  Let it cool......  Serve with salad or rice or potatoes .............................................

1 comment:

  1. This time I tried to smoke a whole chicken fryer to show that I too can do it. I brined my whole chicken fryer...My hubby uses dry rubs... John Alexander

    ReplyDelete