Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

"Yard or Garage Sales"

I am really enthused and excited when summer comes, I get the chance of looking for bargains.  The best days to look for bargains at a garage sale would be either Friday and Sunday....Saturday would be the day when a lot of people comes out, look for bargains at a yard sale.  I was driving along to purchase some fabrics when I came across a quiet and beautiful area just west of where I live....this area I believe were mostly family oriented ~  something caught my eyes when I was passing a yard full of beautiful furniture and some knick-knacks...I stopped and parked about 2 houses down under an old oak tree.....walked to check out what they have to sell for.......seen beautiful dining chairs, made of maple wood with synthetic cushion on it for $25 a set (4 chairs), if I am not mistaken perhaps made in the early 80's or late 70's...they're old style but for me this is classic that I can re-upholster and re-polish the color of the varnish....then I saw 2 end tables also made of maple wood for $5 a piece....thought this is a real bargain....then I moved towards the garage saw an antique English bowl with a cover....thought that this might have been bought way back in the 60's (remember these are retired couple selling their stuffs).  I asked the "wife" if they're moving out, she smiled at me and said, "we're trying to get rid of some of our old stuff as our son and daughter had moved out and had their own family...."  I said, "oh, can I look around?"  Then told her that I would like to take 2 corner tables, an old English bowl, and wooden bowls made in Hawaii...one of the corner table was made by Broyhill......some has scratches, but that can be easily polish and re-varnish.............see images below
 

No comments:

Post a Comment