Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Quilted Table Runner

I posted couple of blocks lately in my Facebook webpage regarding these project which was started as blocks of squares.  Definitely no idea what to make out of them, so I decided to continue adding more fabrics in different shapes and forms.  As you know I am not in any competition or selling my finished projects as these are just hobbies that I love to do while at home and would like to learn steadfastly regarding quilting, applique, and patchwork.  Learning is not easy, I am still a novice as far as I am concern....
Bought these fabrics cut up in a 9 1/2 " width and 21" length. There were 8 fabrics with matching colors in one package.  I cut them up into squares 4 1/2 inches on each sides....I began piecing them together, the above image was the outcome of the blocks created from 4 1/2 inch square.  So one evening, I thought of why not make a table runner.......this time I will do quilting hand free motion so that I could practice in my new sewing machine that Bob gave me for Christmas.  It was very late last night when I completed this project.  However, this morning I started to machine quilt the blocks that I had finished last night...I kept changing my mind what will be simple and easier for me..............................................the images below was the finished product of the table runner I created.  I did not use binding, I want the easiest way....perhaps a bit lazy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment