Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Squared Machine Quilted Handmade Handbag

I am trying to be familiar with my new "Go Accuquilt" cutter and die cutters.  I am not familiar with them as I use rotary cutter when cutting materials.  However, this cutter is so easy to use if you have all the necessary die cutters (quite expensive if you would like to have all the different shapes and forms of die cutters).  I began sewing when I was 10 years old, my mother taught us all how to sew and crochet, we also have "Home Economics" at school (elementary school).  Quilting was one of the crafts that I learned from when I was pregnant with daughter, I made her crib set, i.e. pillows, spread, crib borders, and crib organizers.  Made quilted spread to give whenever someone among my friends has "baby showers".  Then I stopped quilting, did not pursue more of making them, now I am beginning to make them again, I did more of sewing than quilting then.   

This is what I had done to those squares that I cut from my new cutter.  I made a quilted summer hand bag, used a light batting and light fusible interfacing material.  The lining and the handles were made of a broadcloth material.  I love the color of the lining, it is more vivid and vibrant.  It is almost finished I still have to run it through in the sewing machine for the edges.  There are 3 pockets outside the hand bag, not visible on this images, no pockets inside. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment