Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

READING SYMBOLS in CROCHETING

When I started crocheting, I have learned it through looking at a crocheted project or finished product.  I have no idea how to read instructions or how to read symbols until I came to Canada.  When I started to learn how to crochet (that was in grade school)  basically they taught us the simplest and easiest project to do, such as single stitch, double stitch, triple stitch, loop and so on and so forth.  Now I became familiar with all these abbreviations in crocheting,  I would like to inspire you  and learn it from me that you too can do it, just like myself!  :-) Always keep your "crochet instructions" handy plus "reading symbols or diagrams of crocheting whenever you have a project to do.  It's the simplest and easiest way of learning how to crochet.  Hope you all learn from these reading materials I have for you....thank you all!  ** Please click to the image to make it larger so you can see the symbols a lot bigger and better....:-)
READING SYMBOLS:
Symbol diagrams are another way to convey crochet instructions.  Every symbol in the diagram represents a specific stitch as it appears from the right side of the work.  The rows are marked on  the diagram, beginning at the bottom with the foundation row (FR).  The numbers alternate side to side even rows on the right, odd rows on the left, because you will be working in alternating directions as you move from row to row, right side to wrong side.  The diagram is accompanied by a key to help you identify the symbols.  Though there may be some subtle differences in the way the symbols look, designers use a standard set of symbols. 

No comments:

Post a Comment