Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Herbs growing in hanging basket and containers.

Last year I realized that I had spent so much money and time planting flowers, I know that flowers are beautiful in the yard and patio deck....but I thought about why not plant some vegetables and herbs in containers?  These plants once they grow, I could have used them for my cooking and many more....here are some of my plants growing in containers....they're really growing fast....and later on I probably be able to dry some of them up and use them as dried herbs for my cooking.....as I said last year, I had couple of them growing in the soil such as basil, rosemary, chives (they re-grow back), cilantro and thyme....this year, I planted them all in containers....tomatoes and Yukon potatoes are growing in the soil this time...green and red bell peppers are growing in containers filled with straw bales. Idaho potatoes, red potatoes and sweet potatoes growing in a container covered with straw bales as well.  I will be posting them once they're grown, they're sprouting at this point and time.  As I planted them a little bit later, early May due to our weather-spring did not begin until mid May....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment