Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Vegetable Gardening in Containers

If you do not have a yard or a backyard where you can plant vegetables, you can also use containers as your garden...I have no raised bed nor a yard where I can start planting what I love to grow, such as vegetables...I have a small, miniature garden which I built and this garden has everything from tomatoes, onions, potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and cucumber.  These vegetables take a whole of space in my miniature garden....so I decided to try to grow some of the vegetables in containers....here are some of the veggies I have in containers....rather than using soil, I used straw bales as these straw once you water them, they stay moist and you don't need to water them everyday...
These are green peppers growing nicely in a container with straw bales....no soil other than the soil where it grew prior to planting them in a container.
 
 
Italian Oregano also growing in a container pot, it has a little bit of soil, I added coconut husk to keep the soil moist.
 
Italian Basil is also growing in a container pot mixture of soil and straw bales. Below image is my cherry tomatoes also growing in a container pot. And the last one at the bottom is sweet potato growing in a plastic container mostly straw bales....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment