Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Re-upholstered and Refinished Dining Set

I am really proud of what I have accomplished last week with the help of Bob (hubby).  We bought from a garage sale an oak dining set, 4 chairs (bought a year ago) and a round oak table 2 weeks ago.  Thought that they would match, so I washed and cleaned them up with Murphy's oil and dried them...last Saturday, I went to a hardware store without my hubby as he has his own hobby of rebuilding cars and motorcycles...bought Minwax red mahogany stain and polyurethane for durability and to avoid from scratching....I stained the chairs and table Sunday and left them for at least 72 hours to dry up....Bob and I took out all the seat cushions and I started to re-upholster the chairs with a material that has been sitting in my sewing room.  He showed me how to use a stapler gun...stapled the new cover and put more padding on the chairs....plus made pillow cushions on each chair....ran out of same material so I used different checkered material for the cushions.......these were the finished products of my project....this dining set will be given to Haley Green (Bob's daughter) for her new pad/place.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment